My first mistake was to look at the calendar. Did you know there are exactly TWO WEEKS till Christmas???
Yikes. So not ready.
So I did what any sensible runner would do – tied on my shoes and headed out for an easy six. When I walked back in the door I checked the calendar to see if it had just been playing with me. But no. There are really and truly on 14 days till C Day.
And you, my friends, have been left hanging. No lists of presents for runners. No suggestions. No ideas. My most sincere apologies. I’ll take a few minutes right now to fix that…
Gifts for runners:
- Anything warm. Start with a wicking base layer. Long sleeved shirt. Fleece-lined tights. You absolutely cannot get too warm for running in this crazy weather. Or you can go all out and look at the winter running jackets. Hmmm?
- Hat. Mittens. One of those funny balaclavas that covers your mouth and nose as well as your ears. Now THAT’S a good idea.
- Something funny. My current favourite is a motivation t-shirt.
- Real motivation. A spring race to train for.
- Or my all-time favourite – a promise to run with me. It’s inexpensive, easy to wrap, and makes any runner dance on out the door. Nothing’s more fun than running with a friend.
That said, pals, I really have to go. Amazon is calling my name. Ciao.